Sunday, March 09, 2014

Summer Grace


The weather is finally starting to get tolerable here in Michigan! At least I can feel my face now when I walk outside. This balmy 39 degree temp made me nostalgic for summer.

Last summer I experimented with underwater photography using Gracie as my model. I didn't use any fancy equipment- only a low res underwater point-and-shoot I borrowed from a friend. I also put my point-and-shoot in a waterproof bag to try that option. The bag photos were pretty much worthless, but the borrowed camera produced a few grainy images that were kind of fun! We sunk a doll, some flowers, gloves, dresses and a backdrop that late summer afternoon. I was bummed that more images weren't viable, but it was fun to play in the pool with Gracie! There's also some extreme magnification that happens underwater (notice the extreme cropping). I definitely need more practice.

I recently started experimenting with Alien Skin Exposure 5 software. I love messing with all of the filter options. I thought these grainy pool photos would be perfect to mess around with. I'm liking this vintagey look!





No comments:

Post a Comment